Best label printers
We have to deal with labels every single day. Whether you see them at the store or malls, you also find them in airports, hospitals, labs, and wherever you can think of. If you need labels in your field of work, you need to find an efficient way to make them. Labels rarely come from an outside source, which is why every company needs one in-house. The most efficient way to create labels is by using a label printer.
Why not a label maker?
You may think that label makers and label printers are pretty much the same. That is not entirely accurate. The only thing that they have in common is the purpose, and that is to create labels. However, a label maker is somewhat limited as far as the content of the label is concerned. You can only add so many symbols to a label created with a label maker. You have a few options such as numbers and symbols, but a label printer is far more efficient. Not only that you can make labels with numbers and symbols, but the tags can also contain barcodes, images, logos, and much more. If you run a small store or a boutique, a label maker may suffice, but if you need more than a few digits, you should invest in the best label printer.
Types of label printers
You can probably guess that there is more than one kind of label printers. They are all designed to suit different needs because label printers are used in numerous settings. With that in mind, there are three kinds of label printers. They are as follows:
Just as the name suggests, this type of label printers is designed so that it can be held in your hands. Handheld printers are generally cheaper than the other two models, and maybe size has something to do with it. Even so, the size does not limit its functions. It can print all kinds of things on the labels you need. The only downside of a handheld model is the fact that it can handle tapes with a limited width. Also, they are usually equipped with a cutter. Even so, they can be handy in numerous environments. For example, if you need to label the content of a warehouse, instead of printing all the labels in the office and then go stick them on the boxes, you can just print as you go.
Desktop label printers
This type of label printer should not be confused with a PC/MAC label printer. This is a standalone label printer. You do not need an outside screen to use it. You can create labels using the integrated keypad, and you can preview them on an LCD screen. Most desktop label printers feature 10 different fonts, and you can print at least two lines. You can also use multiple tape widths (minimum 4).
This kind of printer is ideal for small and medium offices where the demand for labels is average. Some models have an automatic cutter while others have a manual cutter. If you are considering buying such a model, it is best if you check the specifications to see whether you can work with various sizes of tape, depending on your needs.
Computer connectable label printers
Last but not least, this type of label printer can be connected to a PC or Mac, whichever you have. You need to connect this one to a computer just as you would a regular printer. Unlike the previous kind, it does not have a keypad or a screen. Everything is done on the computer. As you can imagine, a computer connectable label printer has many more functions than the previous two types. It allows you to get creative. There are specific software programs for different printers that help you create the label you want.
You also have numerous fonts, styles, and templates. As you can imagine, since this is the most advanced label printer, it is the most expensive. It features an automatic cutter and a function of pre-cutting.
What to consider when buying a label printer
Purchasing a label printer may prove to be tricky because the offer is vast and you may have no idea what you are doing. If you did, you would probably be buying one instead of reading about how to choose the best label printer. But do not worry. All you need to do before purchasing a label printer is to consider the next factors.
- Type – as you can see above, there are three types of label printers, and you need to select one that suits your company’s needs. If you have a small store, there is no point in buying a computer connectable label printer, and if you need many labels and purchase a handheld model, you will not handle the work. Think about that before you make a choice.
- The number of labels you need per day – not all businesses require the same amount of labels per day, but label printers have different capabilities as far as that goes. A decent label printer for a company with a small demand of labels should be able to print about 500 labels tops per day. However, heavy0duty commercial-grade label printers can print as many as 5000 labels every day. As you can imagine, speed is of the issue, which is why you need to take a look at the specification of the product you want and see that they match your needs.
- The size of the label – depending on what you need the label for, you need to decide which size the text on the label needs to be. As you may already know, label printers have different values for dpi. For example, a text smaller than 6 points does not require a printer with more than 600 dpi, while all the other text are best obtained with 300dpi label printers.
- Durability – a good label printer should be able to take a lot of abuse, especially if the demand for labels is significant. Look for brands that are known to manufacture high-quality label printers, or even better, read the reviews of a product before you buy it.
- Ease of use – instead of investing in label printers that come with their own software (if that is the case), consider a model that can print from whatever text editor or image editor you have. If you want to make a label using Microsoft Word, you should be able to do it. After all, people come and go in an office all the time. If you took the time to teach every single one of them how to use the label printer software, you would not be very efficient.
What are the best label printers?
Hopefully, the information provided above is of help, and you are now able to make an informed decision. As long as you consider all the factors and read the specifications on the product you want, you should handle the situation just fine. Reading some label printers reviews online may also help because you can find out from other people who have already bought a particular product what they think about it. It can give you some insight. Meanwhile, take a quick peek at the product below. Maybe one of them will satisfy your needs.
Rollo Label Printer
The first model I want to show you is a computer connectable label printer. It is compatible with both PC and Mac, and you can use it on most current operating systems. It works with any Thermal Direct Label including free UPS labels. This small piece of technology can save you hundreds of dollars on label outsourcing. It may not be the cheapest model, but it saves some cash in the long run.
The Rollo label printer is a high-speed model that can print at 150 mm per second. It is one of the fastest label printers you will find on the market. It features advanced thermal direct technology, so it does not need toner or ink. It is compatible with most shipping platforms including Stamps.com, Endicia, Dazzle, ShipStation, and the list keeps on going.
This model prints at a quality required by USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other significant couriers. The wide format allows you to print labels up to 4.1 inches in width, including 4 by 6 labels, warehouse labels, barcode and ID labels, and many more. As you can notice, it is an incredibly versatile label printer that will surely meet your high demands, whichever they may be.
Dymo Thermal Label Printer
Another label printer that I think you will find more than satisfactory is the one manufactured by Dymo. It is pretty similar to the previous product, and even the prices are pretty close, but there are a few particularities that I think you will find useful. You can print extra-large 4 by 6 shipping labels and whatever else you deem necessary.
One of the best things about the Dymo label printer is that you can use the proprietary software and select from over 60 professional label templates. You can also customize text and graphics, which will add a personal touch to your labels. The software is compatible with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Mac, and much more. I think you will find it most beneficial. You can print labels up to 6.16 inches in width.
The Dymo label printer used the same advanced thermal printing as the previous model. That means you do not need ink or toner, so the cost of maintenance is pretty low. Plus, if you need help or require service and support, Dymo provides that whenever you need. I think this product fits in any field of activity, which is why I strongly recommend it.
Brady Handheld Label Printer
Since we already discussed two computer connectable label printers, I thought it would be a good idea to show you a handheld model as well. From all the models I looked at, the printer manufactured by Brady seemed the best choice in the matter. The online reviews agree with me, which is why I recommend it if you are looking for a handheld label printer. It may seem more convenient for you.
The Brady label printer has 70 durable label parts, and it includes over 100 built-in symbols. I think if the situation requires such a model, 100 symbols are more than enough. You can use it in several fields such as warehouses, organizing, electrical wires, general identification, and whatever you can think of. You will find it very easy and comfortable to use.
This unit, since it stays in your hand and there is the danger of dropping it from time to time, it has been tested against shock and vibration. I am happy to report that it passed all the tests, which makes it incredibly durable. You can rest assured that it will not turn into a million pieces when it falls. The one thing that I find a bit disturbing about this model is that it is battery operated, but the long-lasting Li-Ion battery is sold separately for some reason. Other than that, I think it is an excellent affordable solution to your label demand.
You can choose whichever product you want, but if I were you, I would go with the Dymo Thermal Label Printer. Why? Because while it is similar to the first product I talked about, the labels on this one are customizable, and it seems to me that this feature is a huge selling point. At least to me. That is why I think it is one of the best label printers in this price range.
The bottom line is that if you have a high demand for labels, you should invest in the best label printer you can afford. It may not come cheap, but you will save a lot of money because you will not outsource your label printing anymore. It is a good solution for your business in the long run, which is why I recommend that you take this step. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Basic Facts of Address Label Printer
- The Unusual Secret of 4×6 Label Printer
- A Startling Fact about Small Label Printer Uncovered
- The Confidential Secrets for Shipping Label Maker
- Instant Solutions for Best Printer for Labels Simple Step by Step Detail
- Why Nobody Is Discussing Label Maker Reviews
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Label Making Machine and How It Can Affect You
- Why No One Is Talking About Handheld Label Maker and What You Should be Doing Today
- The Argument About Sticker Printing Machine
- Barcode Printer Guide
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Industrial Label Printer?
- A Secret Weapon for Barcode Label Printer
- Things You Won’t Like About Label Making and Things You Will
- Whispered Best Label Makers Secrets
- The 5-Minute Rule for Portable Label Printer
- Color Label Printer Help!
- The Fight Against Label Printing Machine
- Why Nobody Is Discussing Handheld Label Printer
- Thermal Label Printer – Overview
- Facts, Fiction and Wireless Label Printer
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Label Printer Reviews Before You’re Left Behind
- The One Thing to Do for Dymo Label Printer
- Top Print Labels Guide!
- Address Label Maker Reviews & Tips
- Top Dymo Label Maker Tips!
- The Debate Over Brother Label Printer
- The Lost Secret of Labelmaker
- The Number One Plan You Need to Be Using for Printable Labels
- Up in Arms About Label Printing?
- Finding the Best Label Machine
- An Actionable Tutorial on Best Label Maker in Step by Step Order
- Label Makers – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Where to Find Shipping Label Printer
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Label Printer
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Label Maker…The Simple Truth Revealed